For anyone outside the UK who doesn’t understand what the hell is going on here at the moment, let me put this in terms that any sane person should be able to understand:
- Theresa May has got the only deal she’s going to get from the EU.
- The EU has said there is no other deal than the one they’ve given.
- Just about everyone hates the deal for one reason or another.
- Everyone thinks there should be another deal. (See No. 2)
- Everyone doesn’t want to leave without a deal. (See No. 3)
The Labour Party actually doesn’t have any solutions to the “Deal” or even leaving the EU for that matter but they see it as a golden opportunity to get a General Election which given the current disenchantment with the Government Labour probably would win purely because there’s nobody else to vote for in the UK these days, talk about a two party system!
Lots of people have been marching up and down like silly buggers demanding “A people’s vote” which is funny if you think about it because who voted last time then, aliens? Because certain hard-line activists are not getting their way (Do they ever?) we’re now seeing professional hecklers stalking MP’s and to be frank, being extremely intimidating and downright scary in my opinion.
Again, nobody is going to get what they want:
- The Government is not going to give in an have a second referendum.
- Even if they did, there’s not enough time to set it up, hold it, cancel Article 50.
- Even if there was a General Election and Labour won, they couldn’t stop the UK leaving because there’s not enough time but more importantly they would need to hold another referendum otherwise that would be going against “The Will of the People” when the original vote was to leave.
You know what would be the best solution? EVERYONE shut the fuck up including the The Press and media and let Parliment sort it out.